ASEAN Bamboo Congress for Climate Change Adaptation Towards Environmental Sustainability and Economic Resiliency
AUGUST 12-16, 2019 | Iloilo City, Philippines
The Bamboo Congress aims to provide a venue for an international forum for exchange of information and updates among researchers, academe, policy makers, private and public individuals on bamboo and sustainable environment strategies within ASEAN region.
Expected Outcomes/Outputs of the Congress:
- Enhanced partnership among participating countries in improving the conditions of bamboo forests and dependent industries in the region.
- Strong collaborative undertaking on bamboo research and development in the ASEAN.
- Strategies in climate change adaptation through the application and use of bamboo technologies shared.
- Science-based strategies in developing bamboo resources for inclusive development and environmental sustainability imparted.
- Best practices to increase the appreciation and acceptance of bamboo as a green product for poverty alleviation, cost-effective and approved alternative to plastic, metal and wood materials shared.
- A common reservoir of information to continue exchange, update, and networking of information and ideas on bamboo resources and technologies identified.
Participants from all the member countries of the ASEAN region and other countries including Australia, USA, China, Korea, Japan and Taiwan.
Registration procedures as well as fees for non-presenters will be posted in this website as soon as possible. Please stay tuned in our website and social media accounts for updates.